Whenever you are using wifi services from any provider, be it a local or big national one, your wifi network must be protected. The best security type for wifi networks these days is WPA 2 and encryption type is AES.
The security level can be set through going in Routerlogin net start 192.168.1.1. But you face a bit of hassle when anyone visits your place, or you are organizing any party. The guests can’t access the internet and then they start asking you for the wifi security key. To avoid this hassle and still keep your network protected, now almost all the manufacturers provide a feature where you are able to provide a guest network that can be set open or with an easy password.
Let’s go through the installation process for activating the guest network
- Open the browser and go to the Routerlogin net start 192.168.1.1.
- Enter the login credentials of your router.
- Go the router settings, then search for setup and finally Guest Network
- Select the box that says Enable SSID Broadcast, if you will uncheck this, the network would still be activated, but you have to manually add the wifi network on each device.
- You can also change the Guest Network name, also the guest network can be provided in both the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz band.
- The security level can also be determined in this network. You can set the security level and set an easy password so that guests in your place can access the internet.
- Then, select the checkbox that says Enable Guest Network and hit Apply.
Now you are all set, your router will reboot itself and all the settings are saved. The Guest Network is broadcasting now for everyone to connect.