once you install Nighthawk AC3000 X6S Tri-Band Extender device for your network, you will able to connect all your devices with single SSID wifi network. That is possible because your wifi extender device is adopt same network name and wifi password. If you want, you can configure a different guest network for your wifi extender and that guest network will have different network name and password.
There are many benefits that you will receive with using Nighthawk AC3000 X6S Tri-Band Extender devices. Once of these advantage is that you can configure your device with access point settings. When you configure your devices with access point mode, you can get Ethernet internet connections for your computers.
How to Configure Nighthawk AC3000 X6S Tri-Band Extender with Access Point Mode?
- First place your Netgear wifi extender device near to your computer device.
- After that you can provide power supply to your extender and wait till status LED is solid green in color.
- From your computer device you can search for the wifi network that is available for Netgear wifi extender device. default SSID for Netgear wifi extender device is Netgear_EXT. you can also connect your wifi extender device to a computer using Ethernet cable.
- Open web browser to this computer device.
- Fill http:// mywifiext.net or http:// 192.168.|| IP address to your web browser and get the login page.
- From your Netgear wifi extender configuration page you can change current mode for your device. your Netgear extender device will get configured with access point mode easily.
These are the steps to configure your Nighthawk AC3000 X6S Tri-Band Extender device with access point mode. You can also change the mode to wifi extender mode easily.